Friday, June 1, 2018

The 100 - Kass Morgan


Little, Brown, & Company, 2013, 323 pages
ISBN: 978-0-316-23449-8
Read December 2017, age 39

First of a series of four

With the caveat that I'm really not the target audience of the book, I watched the pilot of the TV show and thought the ideas sounded really interesting, so I gave the books a shot. 

The ideas are really interesting - a group of teenagers are crash-landed on Earth to see if it's habitable again, and they have to survive.  Unfortunately, the execution didn't work for me.  I think I was looking for a more technical story of survival and politics, and those pretty much faded into the background against the main stories of teenagers hooking up and breaking up.  Great potential, not terrible, but for me, there are certainly better books out there.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment