Friday, July 6, 2018

The Bridge - Iain Banks


Abacus, 1992, original copyright 1986, 288 pages
ISBN: 0-349-10215-5
Read February 2018, age 39

I have no real idea what I just read.  It was atmospheric, dream-like, and I think that was the point.  I think it was really good, but I'm not really sure that I got it all.  In a lot of cases, I think I understood what the author was doing, and appreciated it, but didn't really enjoy it all that much.  On the other hand, it's a story that seems like it'll stick with me for a while.  So... I don't know.  Could someone please read it and help me out?

Rating:4

Reading through a few reviews, it seems like it's a book that does well on a re-read.  I might have to try that.  I'm also going to keep my eyes open for more of his books.


No comments:

Post a Comment