Friday, June 9, 2023

Another Fine Myth - Robert Asprin (Audiobook)

Recorded Books, 2021, 5.8 hours
Original copyright 1988
Read by: Noah Michael Levine
Listened to: December 2022, age 44
 
Myth Adventures, book 1
 
It's been a long time since I read this series, and I don't remember much of it. It was still generally fun, with reasonably low stakes and an interesting world to explore.  

I found the narrator to be a decidedly mixed bag.  The voices were decent, and I liked his voice, but there were random pauses thrown in all over the place, where they were almost certainly no commas in the text.  I'm not sure if that was reader or post-production, but I really disliked that.  It was jarring, and I spent a fair bit of time correcting the reader in my head instead of just listening.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment