Friday, September 8, 2023

Sunshine - Robin McKinley (Audiobook)

Tantor, 2008, 15.4 hours
Original Copyright 2003
Read by Laural Merlington
Listened to: March 2023, age 44

The story wasn't quite as good as I remembered, and the voice of the narrator didn't really work for me.  I had a much different idea of the character voice - the reader read the book well, but her voice sounded old, and it didn't work for me as a naive 16 year old.  

I think that I maybe skipped through a bit of the bakery stuff - listing out the everything she was cooking got old when I couldn't just rip through it.  

Then there was still the whole bringing up ideas and not answering them thing that I disliked the last time.  Neat ideas, and I want to see more, but never will.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment