Friday, October 4, 2019

The Assassin's Curse - Cassandra Rose Clarke


Strange Chemistry, 2012, 298 pages
ISBN: 978-1-908844-01-9
Read: May 2019, age 41

First of 4, which were apparently welded into two in a couple of omnibus editions.

So, I'm really not the target audience for this book.  It was pretty clearly written for 15-year-old girls, and... that's really not me in any shape, form, or memory.  Having said that:  eh, it was all right.  The characters were pretty much their jobs - the pirate and the assassin - and just their jobs and I got tired of being hammered around the ears with that fact.  Also, the pirate talked like a redneck white girl which wasn't really my style.  It was a decent story that doesn't make me want to go find the next.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment