Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The Truth - Terry Pratchett

Corgi, 2000, 444 pages
ISBN 0-552-14768-0
Read (and listened to): May, 2019, age 41

Discworld #25

I listened to the book in parallel with reading it - my version of the audiobook was so corrupted that I couldn't really follow the story.  From the intact bits, it was a really good narration. 

I never warmed up to this book.  I think part of it is that the Ankh-Mopork stories are generally not my favorites, part of it was that I found the protagonist to be bland, and part of it was that the story went to some pretty dark places.  I wasn't expecting that.  It was really good in places, but overall - maybe the weakest since Soul Music?  The double-reading didn't really do much for me, either.

I first read this book many years ago, and, well, I remember having had about the same reaction.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment