Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Mars Rover Curiosity (An Inside Account from Curiosity's Chief Engineer) - Rob Manning and William L. Simon (Audiobook)


2014, Blackstone Audio, 7.7 hours
Read by Bronson Pinchot
Listened to: November-December 2019, age 41

A reasonable story - I found lots of it to be interesting, but the many engineering problems - which I found fascinating - were often solved by 'and then we hired another few hundred staff, and spent millions of dollars, and the problem went away'.  I think I was looking for either a more technical book, or more of a narrative.  This kind of split the middle, with not enough technical information to keep me interested, but not much of a story either.  It was fine.  I learned stuff.  Not near as good as the Apollo book that I finished a little while ago.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment